My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have checked the relay and tried a different one with no luck, I am considering direct connect which wires am i looking for specifically ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, I might have the same issue as you. I have a 2013 Compass. My radiator fan (drivers side) stopped working. I got P0480 code. Still drives fine and since I live in the cold north, that helps keep it from overheating. When I use AC, the left fan kicks in and works fine. I checked the fuse and seems all ok, nothing busted.
Next, I'll check the relay this long weekend. since this requires lots of my time. What else have you tried checking?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I might have the same issue as you. I have a 2013 Compass. My radiator fan (drivers side) stopped working. I got P0480 code. Still drives fine and since I live in the cold north, that helps keep it from overheating. When I use AC, the left fan kicks in and works fine. I checked the fuse and seems all ok, nothing busted.
Next, I'll check the relay this long weekend. since this requires lots of my time. What else have you tried checking?
mine has never worked in 4 years probable the cause of the tranny cooking .I may have misspoke i checked the fuse/relay in teh fuse box under the hood but can not locate the fan relay there is a box on the subframe that appears to be something so when it warms up today i will try and open it ...and see no codes just no fan

·
Registered
14 Posts
mine has never worked in 4 years probable the cause of the tranny cooking .I may have misspoke i checked the fuse/relay in teh fuse box under the hood but can not locate the fan relay there is a box on the subframe that appears to be something so when it warms up today i will try and open it ...and see no codes just no fan
Hey, Have you fixed your issue? I just fixed my car today and it was indeed the relay. After cleaning my relay box from corrosion and replacing the 2 relays ($6 each) both fans started to work!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts