My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've purchased an 07 Jeep Compass for $13,000 with 42,000 miles. It's a manual and kinda disappointing that its only a 2x4 and Manual. Although I love standard vehicles I wanted an SUV with 4x4 that I didn't have to really manually drive. Nonetheless, I have it now and am doing some mods.

Royal Purple Maxx 5w-20 Used every oil change w/royal purple filter.
Denso Plat. Spark plugs, every 30k.

I've upgraded to the Silver Gauge Cluster for a Patriot. (This will give me the ability for upgrades to the: In-dash Compass, the Temp, Ability to control the drivers settings *lights, horn honk w/keyless ect.., Tire Pressure Settings/readings.) - DONE.

LED - License Plate Illumination - DONE ($12.00/ebay)

Official MOPAR Hard Spoiler Upgrade MOPAR# 82210187AB - ($195.00/ebay) Done

Now I need other Parts to Complete My Upgrades:

TPMS (TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEMS) -
FR- MOPAR PART# 5033334AB (This is the wireless module that reads the TPMS sensor in the front wheels.) (MSRP. $58.75)
RR- MOPAR PART# 56053034AE (This is the wireless module that reads the TEMPS sensor in the rear wheels.) (MSRP. $51.45)
TRANSPONDER LT FR. WIRING 6 WAY WIRING- (x3) - MOPAR PART# 68032364AA (MSRP. $35.85ea) needed to be ran to 3 locations for TMPS.
REC MODULE- MOPAR PART# 5026218AN (MSRP 110.00) This will be installed/replace the standard rec. module in the steering column.

COMPASS MODULE- 4671918AF (MSRP. $85.75)

After all this, I am going to upgrade uconnect with the navigation (latest) and hands free mirror.
Mirror- MOPAR PART# 4806228AB
Mirror Harness- MOPAR PART# 5089051AB Dimming Mirror & Uconnect wires*
Telematics Module (AKA Hands Free Module) Bluetooth MOPAR PART# 5064013AV
factory style hands free cellular system wiring harness MOPAR PART# 6502UC

The K&N Full Air box in being ordered.
K&N FIPK Series Air Intake Filter Kit 57-1552 ($211.00/ebay)

Want to upgrade the Illumination Switches:
Driver's Door Part Number: 04602780AA ($31.00/ebay)
All other doors: 04602787AA (x3) ($3.00)

Halo/projector fog light upgrade (need help/info/prices)

Projector Headlights w/Halo (need help/info/prices)

Optima RedTop®; Battery
VEHICLE: 2007 JEEP COMPASS 2.4L : 144-cid : L4 : GAS
Part Number: 25 (8025-160)

I think a new alternator is needed... (Used to get about 30mpg now im getting a steady 23.3~ and every time I use the windows the lights dim. so I know I need a new batt. hopefully not a new alt. but we'll see.)

Led Upgrade Tail lights (need help/info/prices)

Lexus / PUSH-TO-START (Keyless/Remote Start)
Smart Keyless Entry System +
Push Button Start Module
AK - 104B Universal $349.99

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's a lot of upgrades, IMO doing the TPMS is a bit overboard. I have seen Halo fogs on eBay. People usually add led bulbs to the rear lights. Haven't seen halo headlights.
I upgraded my master window switch with the Charger model but haven't gotten around to the other ones. Where did you find the other ones for $3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a lot of upgrades, IMO doing the TPMS is a bit overboard. I have seen Halo fogs on eBay. People usually add led bulbs to the rear lights. Haven't seen halo headlights.
I upgraded my master window switch with the Charger model but haven't gotten around to the other ones. Where did you find the other ones for $3.
Thanks so much for your quick reply.
It is a lot of upgrades, but little ones. ;)
I was reading the posts about the SMD LEDS for the rear, but it was confusing, i just want a direct replacement. (the post i read was talking about having a certain ohms and crap) Halo headlights. I haven't found them either. I've read about heating up the light covers and adding the CCL halo's but I want a direct replacement.
The other switches were on ebay who sold authorized mopar parts for ridiculous cheap. Ill see if I have him saved in my listings still. I got the official Mopar rear spoiler for less than 200 bucks, when it retails 400+ easy. It was a great deal.

As for the TPMS I do A LOT of driving. Wheels/tire pressure/road hazards seem to be my life. I average 700mi just in the last 3 days. So saving gas is a must for me. Tire pressure being a great thing to watch rather than my compass and avg. mpg. seems to be a better thing to keep my eye on rather than those =P

I'll let you know how the rest of the upgrades go, I also added Rockford Fosgate 8'' woofers to the premium sound system. Great choice ;)

Anyhow, any questions let me know, ill be willing to take suggestions and better ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts