My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I bought my used 07 compass last April. And now my cross member in the back is almost rusted in half. She is in the shop now. And I found this page. Wondering what are my chances are that she is covered under the extended warranty? If not what am I looking at?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to say Jessica - but I think that *officially* you're out-of-luck.

See: https://chrysler.oemdtc.com/457/front-and-rear-crossmember-corrosion-x69-warranty-extension-2008-2012-dodge-caliber-jeep-compasspatriot

The above file talks about the '08-12 models, and states that the extended warranty is only good for *10 years*. Since yours is an '07, you are at least 1-2 years past the 10 year mark.

You can try appealing to "JeepCares" on here to see if any kind of "good will" assistance is available to help defray costs, but at this late stage of the game, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Let us know what you eventually do/experience!

-CSM

·
1,050 Posts
I also posted this response on your other thread:

It isn't a terribly expensive repair. I've seen prices from $700 - $1200. No, its not chicken feed, but its a lot cheaper than an engine or transmission. An independent shop will no doubt give you a better price than a dealer.

Don't fall for the line "but they're not genuine Mopar parts," because it was the "genuine Mopar parts" that failed! On a 10 year old vehicle, aftermarket parts are entirely appropriate and will probably last the life of the vehicle.

There's a youtube video showing someone doing the subframe on a Dodge. Dodge Caliber, Jeep Patriot & Compass are all built on the same frame so its essentially the same as your Lola. I hope you can get her fixed up and back on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts