My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got me a compass 07 mod export , and when i got it it dident start and dident crank.
i went over the releyes behind left front wheel and the conecktors under power module and it started.
it has always started until today when it had to spend the nigth outside at - 11 celsius (i dont know in farenh.) but now it is like it was before. i have full bat and charger but only sound is a reley somwhere in front but to week to be starter solonoid.
anyone who had same reaction to cold winter temp and can give a tip where to begin, the car stands outside and i dont want to work there longer than i have to, and yes its snow under and around the car so its frezzing even when i can just start up and drive away
its a 2.0 turbo diesel exported to norway

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Compass Limited
4 Posts
Hi. Silly question: did you fill your car with proper winter diesel fuel?
Diesel fuel "freezes" (well, the paraffin starts to freeze and separate from fuel, clogging the filters) at about -10/12 degrees Celsius. You should use some additive fluid to prevent that.
Also if you car is equipped with DEF (Adblue) it also freezes as well below those temperatures.

Try to start your car in the middle of the day (warm hours) , and try to remove any excess of snow under the chassis. Maybe you can run some warm water all around the chassis and the fuel tank and tubes.

Hope this helps.

Ps. I had a similar issue with a rented compass when I was in the middle of the monument valley during my honeymoon. I was pressing the start button, but nothing happened. Turned out to be an OTA update still running in the background. Waited some minutes with car in the ON position, then again to Off and after that, the car started as usual.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts