My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same problem

I have taken it to 4 different auto shops now and the last was the chrysler dealership and they did all the updated and I am still having the same problem!!! IT does not do it all the time but it only happens when I am at a full stop then go to take off. I am so fustrated that no one can figure out whats wrong with it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have taken it to 4 different auto shops now and the last was the chrysler dealership and they did all the updated and I am still having the same problem!!! IT does not do it all the time but it only happens when I am at a full stop then go to take off. I am so fustrated that no one can figure out whats wrong with it.
its bullshit i know! ive been is your shoes and i still am!!! a class action lawsuit needs to be filed against chrysler corp. you guys have no idea how much i shop time my vehicle has had. i might make a thread later today. at the current moment im trying to find a left control arm because today my ball joint started making a shitload of noise. lastnight i pulled into a parking spot. put my jeep into park and 2sec later my rpms dropped the engine shuttered and my gauges and headlights went dim? and i would say alternator but that was replaced at 45,000km :mad:

·
Registered
222 Posts

OH ALMOST FORGOT.... they have even replaced my transmission! no luck :mad:

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Short......welcome to the forum ......sorry to hear about your ongoing issues.........tell us more about your ride !!!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hey sshortt, welcome aboard, and sorry to hear of your problem as well. It really must stink to be fighting the lemon law, the dealership and Chrysler all at the same time and still be stuck with a vehicle you can barely drive! Anyone have any updates on these problems? Anyone's situation been resolved?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
27 Posts
just started haveing that problem 07 80k miles

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
This is not sounding good. Heard of it happening with Ram trucks, but not the Compass. Beagledad, have you taken yours to the dealer to see what they say? Awesome sig pic, BTW! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is not sounding good. Heard of it happening with Ram trucks, but not the Compass. Beagledad, have you taken yours to the dealer to see what they say? Awesome sig pic, BTW! :)

- Cherokee
I have not for this problem because not so sure this lag is do to the trany. The jeep is wifes car mine an 05 pt cruiser both have the 2.4l engine however mine is a 5 speed manual trans and it has the same problem and the easiest explination is they built the engine knowing that most of us USA (LONG LIVE THE PROUD AND BRAVE" are aggresive drivers always rushing it and it keeps us from blowing out the engine

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife have a 2010 Compass with the same problem and it doesn't even have 7000 miles. A friend of ours also has the same problem with the Compass. I file a complaint with the NHTSA yesterday so they can investigate. I recommend to everyone to do the same so they take the complaint seriously.

·
Registered
27 Posts
problems still happening just had the catalytic converter replaced thanks to smog warranty it was covered also on my dime the alternator replaced $800 and an acctuator also replaced $450

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 Jeep Compass Problem

I am having the problem with acceleration of my 2007 jeep compass. It has been going on for two days now. I have had my car for two years. Up until now I have not had a problem. I took it to the dealership today and they reset a code. Mind you, I have not had any warning signals or anything. At first I thought maybe it was the Transmission. They checked that out and everything comes up good. They reset the code, I drove the car home and it started doing the same thing again. I to had the gas petal to the floor and it was just sitting there then it finally moved slowly, but then picked up speed. Now I have to go back to the dealer, whom i called as soon as I got home. They asked that I come back tomorrow morning 10/19/2010 and they are going to have a tech ride with me. Will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Any word yet Skeeter on what the tech had to say after riding with you?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing has started happening to me over the past few days. It only seems to happen when it is very cold and before the engine has completely warmed up. I can pull out of my driveway, and no matter how hard I try to accellerate, it just creeps along until about 20mph, then everything starts working as normal. Have tried auto and 1st and 2nd gear on the CVT with the same results. Once the engine temp comes up, the problem seems to go away.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum acastleberry! What year Compass do you have? Are you going to take it in and let someone look at it?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, Cherokee. It's an '09 Rallye with about 56K on it. I don't have any plans to take it in yet as it's extremely sporadic. If it worsens or continues to be a regular issue, I'll probably take it in. Just thought some of the others here might have some ideas.

·
Registered
315 Posts
this has happened to mine a few times randomly during the summer, and twice in -30C. the last time i toggled the traction control and it worked normally again. anyone else having this problem give that a try and let us know if that works for you too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just in the past 3 weeks my comass had the complete loss of acceleration twice both times i finaly noticed the transmition oil light was on and the manual said that the oil was overheating so i pulled over waited 5 min .when i restarted it the light was still on but i had 50% power so i set cruise control on 40 mile per hour and it cooled enough while driving that i had full power after 15 min

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
It must be slipping the steel band inside. There is not much else to generate excess heat in this. CVT's have no slippage and the fluid is for lubrication. You may want to check with a reliable auto shop on this. The dealer will only do a replacement and unless you're under powertrain warranty the price is way up there somewhere.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts