My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if a double din radio will fit my 09 Compass, The Best Buy site says yes but the opening is 8" wide by 3 7/16" tall.

Thanks Bill.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I'm asking myself the same question.............

Let's wait and see............

·
Registered
381 Posts
We've talked about this on another thread and it's been determined that the stock head unit is 1 3/4 din, unless you have the optional nav unit then it's a double din. If you want a double din you'll have to change the dash section for the deck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, thought about it and I am going to keep the stock radio, why let the passengers watch a movie while I drive, hahaha. But I do like to drive, so maybe? But I have thought about the tent you can buy that attaches the the back of the Compass? Any one try that yet? Looks cool, and I guess you can drive away and just close a flap until you get back.:cool:

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Why would I ???....it doesn't fit in my dash........

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks for the info, thought about it and I am going to keep the stock radio, why let the passengers watch a movie while I drive, hahaha. But I do like to drive, so maybe? But I have thought about the tent you can buy that attaches the the back of the Compass? Any one try that yet? Looks cool, and I guess you can drive away and just close a flap until you get back.:cool:
A tent? Sounds kind of cool, any links? Maybe I'll just do some research on my own.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I installed a double DIN radio in my compass,

It took me about 4 hours to install (never installed one before thats why it took so long) i but it was totally worth it.

The parts I used are as follows:

1. Pioneer AVIC-F700BT v3.0 firmware
2. METRA 99-6510 04-07 DODGE/CHRYSLER/JEEP NAV DASH KIT
3. CHYAH05 Premium Radio Replacement Interface Chrysler
4. Jeep Patriot 2007-2008 Stereo Radio Antenna Adapter
5. Satin Silver Metallic. Kit includes silver center stack bezel And audio head unit support bracket.
Fits Model Year 2008.
Item # 82211589

i cant post pics because i havent posted 15 posts yet :-(

·
Registered
278 Posts
Awesome first post. Please introduce yourself.

But most important!

WELCOME
Hahha no problem. Basically i bought my 08 compass sport at the end of January. I was looking for a 4x4 4 cylinder truck to replace my current 98 4x4 4 cylinder Nissan frontier. I quickly found out that NO ONE makes a 4x4 4 cylinder truck any more (only 6 cylinder). I decided that AWD/4x4 4 cyclinder cars were the way to go and when the truck goes ill get one without 4x4. The next day i saw jeep's compass and patriots. I just liked the look of the compass so much better. One week later "employee pricing" and it was to good of a deal to pass up. :D

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Cool........happy to know that you had a good deal..........welcome to the forum and we all have to live with the 15 posts rule as we are trying to get rid of invasive spammers, sellers from all over the globe..........We will succeed !!!!

I'll be waiting for pics...........how much it cost you overall..........and did you have the radio control on the steering column to take care of ?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'll be waiting for pics...........how much it cost you overall..........and did you have the radio control on the steering column to take care of ?
lets see (trying to do this from memory)
1. Pioneer AVIC-F700BT v3.0 firmware $400 EBAY
2. METRA 99-6510 04-07 DODGE/CHRYSLER/JEEP NAV DASH KIT $25 EBAY
3. CHYAH05 Premium Radio Replacement Interface Chrysler $35-$50 EBAY
4. Jeep Patriot 2007-2008 Stereo Radio Antenna Adapter $5 EBAY
5. Satin Silver Metallic. Kit includes silver center stack bezel And audio head unit support bracket.Fits Model Year 2008.Item # 82211589 $50 from justforjeeps.com

i just have the compass sport so no radio control on the steering column for me :-(

·
Registered
278 Posts
oopps also, I didnt want jeep's in dash navi unit because #1 $2000 #2 the jeep navi system only does a fraction of what the avic-f700bt.

·
Registered
278 Posts
and here are the photos

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
This is OK for a 2008 model and prior..........the center consol changed completely in 09...........I wonder if this would still work though !!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
This is OK for a 2008 model and prior..........the center consol changed completely in 09...........I wonder idfthis would still work though !!!!
really? what does the 09 center consol look like?:confused:

·
Registered
278 Posts
i went to jeep.com .... oh wow your right its changed! damn ... i need to see if i can swap that out on mine :D

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Here is a side shot of it..........I'll try to get a better one tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,

Here is a better shot of the '09 central console..........as you can see big difference from the previous one...........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts