My Jeep Compass Forum banner

0ne year/8k km should I change oil?,

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Eurocompass 
#1 ·
I've had my compass for almost 12 months and have only 8k kilometers on it. Should I change oil because of time? The vehicle hasnt really been pushed at all, my wife drives it... Manual says 14k km. for first oil change, that will take me into the summer. Winters in Greece hardly reached freezing so it wasnt pushed hard.

#2 ·
Eurocompass said:
I've had my compass for almost 12 months and have only 8k kilometers on it. Should I change oil because of time? The vehicle hasnt really been pushed at all, my wife drives it... Manual says 14k km. for first oil change, that will take me into the summer. Winters in Greece hardly reached freezing so it wasnt pushed hard.
I would change it. I usually change my oil every 5,000kms even though the manual says 10,000kms for Canada. Even the dealer say to do it every 5000kms and or 3 months.
A year is a long time even though you only did 8000kms.

#3 ·
Change the oil and filter each year even if you don't do much mileage.

#4 ·
That is what I thought as well. Dealer though insists that there is no need... On my other car, saab93, the dealer here said the same, and they wouldnt change it until 15k kms. When I lived in the States, I used to change oil every 5k kms... I wonder if the quality or oil specs are different in Europe, thus the late oil change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.