My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need your opinions on this. I'm going to add a 1.5 inch lift to my MP Compass but I'm not sure which one is best. Both Teraflex and Daystar are both reputable off road brands and want to pick the better of the two. The main difference between the two is that the Teraflex lift is made of Billet Aluminum and the Daystar lift is made of Polyurethane. Please check out the links below for more information I would love your guy's feedback on which lift you would prefer and why.

Daystar mentions "Made of a highly durable polyurethane material that gives this product an advantage not found in other lift kits, no metal on metal contact. This means the polyurethane absorbs vehicle noise and vibration which translates to a more comfortable ride. No corrosion, which can occur with metal spacers.''

Which would you choose and why?

(I tried adding 3 separate links for you guys on here but it wont let cause I only have 1 post but just FYI Daystar offers 2 variants of the 1.5'' Compass MP Lift, one for Non-Trailhawk Models 4x4/FWD and another one exclusively for the Trailhawk model. I have contacted Teraflex and they have told me that their 1.5'' Compass MP Lift is compatible with the FWD, Non-Trailhawk 4x4s (Jeep Active Drive 1), and the Trailhawk Compass.

·
Registered
180 Posts
They look like the same price point, it would come down to if you wanted aluminum vs poly lift on your ride. From what I remember and what I just watch on the 1.5'' Daystar on youtube they use the same points to lift the Jeep.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have used both types of spacers on my Wranglers. The poly is better riding but can collapse and bulge with serious abuse over time. If you are going to do a lot of hard core off-roading then the metal spacers might be best.

Baja-D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure where you are in the process, but it may be worth looking into and comparing American Trail Products. They offer a 2" and 4" lift for the MP. I personally have their 2" lift and love the stance. There is a little rattling from the lift components themselves, but their customer service has been outstanding and i'm working with them now to resolve this. Anyway, good luck with your lift; either way you go you're going to like the outcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts