My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This happened the other night while I was on my way home.
Well will see if it makes it another 100,000
And no it does not use a drop of oil between my 5000>6000 mile oil changes. 馃檪

Super Moderator
Congratulations! That's a nice milestone for a fairly new vehicle. Here's hoping you get another 100,000 .馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Well done! Any issues besides routine maintenance items?
The first 10,000 miles I had a few issues the main one started the day I bought it. Transmission fluid all over the place. Took it in and they replaced a shaft and a seal, only to have a it happen again 5000 miles later. This time they replaced the transmission. Then around 8000 miles or so, they replaced the front drive axles.. Then the front sway bar links.
So for the past 90,000 miles other then replacing the factory sway bar links front and back with better quality after market links I have had no mechanical issues.

Reactions: [email protected]

Super Moderator
The first 10,000 miles I had a few issues the main one started the day I bought it. Transmission fluid all over the place. Took it in and they replaced a shaft and a seal, only to have a it happen again 5000 miles later. This time they replaced the transmission. Then around 8000 miles or so, they replaced the front drive axles.. Then the front sway bar links.
So for the past 90,000 miles other then replacing the factory sway bar links front and back with better quality after market links I have had no mechanical issues.
Sheese Louise! I would have dumped it after the second tranny problem. You are very patient and apparently you have a competent and patient dealer too.

Premium Member
What tires do you/have you used for all these miles. I'm at 50K with my 2018 and replaced the originals with Cooper Ultra Touring ( mine is a Sport edition ). Just curious what you're using or have used on the Trailhawk. If they total my 2018 , I'll be getting a 2018 Trailhawk.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have two 2 sets of tires and rims. I have been running my OEM tires spring through fall and my Winterforce snow tires though the winter.
So to this point I have not replaced my tires. But my OEM tires are now in need of replacement.
At this time I don't know what I will replace them with in the spring. If I had to pick pick one today it probably be these.
WILDPEAK A/T TRAIL TIRE | Falken Tire

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Sheese Louise! I would have dumped it after the second tranny problem. You are very patient and apparently you have a competent and patient dealer too.
My selling dealer was a total POS. And actually told me to take it to a more local dealer. Which I did. The dealer that did all the work was outstanding. They had to put up with a lot FCA BS.
I was told by the FCA engineers that came and looked over the transmission it was one of the first trailhawks produced. So a van load of engineers showed up every time the vehicle was in the shop. Which slowed everything down. I felt sorry for the mechanic because he being paid by flat rate and with the engineers in there looking around taking pictures and measuring and such, he got boned over on getting paid what he should have been paid. Again the dealer was outstanding and they gave me a new Cherokee to drive while my vehicle was being repaired. I am sure I will looking at some normal wear and tear items to replace these next 100,000 mile's. Brakes and rotors and tires this spring. Those are things I can do myself so that keep my cost down and I enjoy doing those things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts