My Jeep Compass Forum banner

100% trouble free 2nd gen Compass

13K views 40 replies 35 participants last post by  Jasmine 
#1 ·
My salesman said none of his customers had any issue with their Compasses. Is this true? Is there anyone here not had some type of issue, electronics or otherwise with their 2nd generation Compass?

#29 ·
'19 Trailhawk, around 4,500 miles. No issues yet. Breaks squeak when it gets really cold, but only the first couple times breaking. Carplay didn't work one day, that was frustrating. Just had to turn off/on the car though. No oil issues. Fingers crossed nothing major happens. But it could, you just never know. I plan to do some light off-road exploring with it, so that could change things.

The salesperson will tell you the car will climb Mount Everest just to get a sale.

#31 ·
2018 Trailhawk: ~2,900 miles:: often rough cold idle (i.e. vehicle shakes at idle but tach is steady); 8.4 screen randomly smeared itself with vertical lines one day while driving down the highway; ess hasn't worked in months - always charging or not available; checked the oil a few weeks ago and discovered it was barely in the hash marks; brakes are suddenly very grabby; piss poor mpg; doors buzz from bass when radio is turned up to reasonable volume; driver door mirror rattles along with radio; transmission bogs down regularly as though it can't shift, unless I put the pedal to the floor...It will be going to the dealer soon...likely my last fca vehicle.

#35 ·
The transmission on my 2018 Trailhawk started making noises in Oct 2018. I bought it in May 2018 with 15 mils on it. They had to replace the transmission. Then in 2019 all the interior lights went out, turned out to be a short in the passenger visor. Earlier this year the stop/start system started having issues (works sometimes)