My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the forum, but I gotta say that I have fixed a lot of issues on my own with the help of this site!

My 2011 Compass has had a variety of issues since purchasing it 3 years ago.
I've had to replace Cam Shaft Censor, Crank Shaft Censor, 3 window switches and 2 motors.

The most troubling issue I have is when driving. The issue happens most when im accelerating after a turn or up a hill, I can feel a jerking/shutter motion.
Its pretty noticeable and its starting to increase in occurrences.

When it happens there is not drop in RPM and it can jerk or shutter 4 or 5 times in a row sometimes.

I'm not sure were to start. Fuel issue? Fuel Injector? CVT?

I can say that the issue happens less when running a higher octane gas, but still occurs.

Any suggestions or tips would be great!
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Sounds like it if their are no codes for engine misfiring when the plugs are under load.

Try with the transmission using them Manual shift modes (you do the up shift selections). Only a Jeep dealer can check the CVT on a computer if its responding correctly as well as the settings. If you haven't been in for any service in that time I almost guarantee there is a software update available. You'll have to pay now unless you have warranty left on the powertrain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is just barely out of warranty. This is the first jeep I have ever owned and I have never taken it to the dealer for maintenance because I prefer to complete it myself.
What does the price look like for software updates?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The downside of not having failure done. Engine and cvt will undoubtly have updates many versions newer. If it real close they may not charge you. Anyway, for any price you have to call a dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts