My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Jeep Compass with a CVT transmission, 110,00 miles and it HAS had the TSB transmission reflash. The transmission is displaying a sensation of hesitation upon acceleration and I am noticing RPMs hitting a point and dropping a bit under load.

When you accelerate it feels like you're running over tiny cracks in the road, that sensation in the pedal like it has 10 speeds and is trying to shift through all of them even though it's only supposed to feel like a golf cart under load, like it has no gears because it doesn't. We've brought it to a dealer and Independent shops and they say nothing's wrong but I think that they are wrong. Is this tranny on its way out? Is this correctable?

The Compass gets up to speed but at times is seriously sluggish unless you mash the pedal and even then the power/acceleration curve is choppy, not smooth at all. At idle with brake pedal depressed there is heavy vibration but once you let go of the brake pedal it isn't at all, just sitting at 600 RPMs or so. What's going on here?!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts