My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
115 v AC inverter replaced but, fuse keep blowing. Basically bought brand new ac 115v inverter after trying to use it with a circular saw that fried the last one but, it still doesn't power and keeps blowing fuse 2007 compass

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
what are you doing to blow it. Check your manual. They're not more than 150 watts. Not good for any power tool. Only chargers, shavers, cordless tool chargers or one light bulb.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This devices fuse was blowing before but not enough for it to stop working... I used a wood saw and it worked a little and fuse blew with no auto reset. SO it didnt auto reset and I keep putting new fuses in 20amp and it blows as soon as I start my jeep. So which wire is shorted? I already bought a new 115v jeep oem inverter and it still the same issue occurring

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
You need a generator!!

Anyway, unplug the inverter. Most likely you blew it and the short is in the inverter. By disconnecting it you've verified it pretty much. As I said its 150 Watt and a saw is 1200-1500watts plus a big surge. Not even close!!! Inverters will not take a big surge either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reconnected it with the new and the old one show no signs of life and 2 blown fuses. Since each attempt blows the fuse for the inverter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts