My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can the 12v power outlet(s) and/or USB port(s) be changed have power when the ignition is off?

My Dodge Caravan has a fuse that has two positions to switch between always on and on with ignition, I can't seem to find a way to do the same in my 2019 Compass.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I know you can do this with the rear 12v outlet in the cargo area, pretty sure in the user manual it says which fuse to move to which position to accomplish this. I don't know if there is an option for the front outlet.

·
Super Moderator
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know you can do this with the rear 12v outlet in the cargo area, pretty sure in the user manual it says which fuse to move to which position to accomplish this. I don't know if there is an option for the front outlet.
Thanks.

I searched the owners manual again and found this:

NOTE: If equipped, the rear cargo area power outlet can be
switched from “ignition” only to constant “battery” powered
all the time. See an authorized dealer for details.
No mention of moving a fuse, but I'll still check the fusebox before asking the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I continued searching the manual and found how to switch the rear power port in the fuse chart, you need to move fuse F18 to F30.

Thanks again.

F30 – – 20 Amp Yellow (Customer Selectable, Move From F18) 12V Rear Cargo Outlet Constant Battery Powered

1 - 4 of 4 Posts