My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our family recently bought this 2014 Compass Sport. AT, 2WD. 100K miles

My entire maintenance experience with automobiles at all is replacing a drive shaft and u joint, a fan blower, spark plugs and power packs... on ford and toyota vehicles.

Are there any places behind the engine block, or to the rear, where coolant can leak? I don't see any leaking up front at all. Water was in the coolant reservoir. Anybody got a layout of hoses and whatnot?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thank you for responding. Does it potentially leak coolant? Is it possibly cracker or can it be sealed?
I am not familiar with compass heater core but I know Grand Cherokee can leak coolant(it mostly leaks inside the carpet in that cars case). I dont know if it can be sealed or needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2012 Compass with the 2.4 engine had a wet spot on the garage floor. It looked to be the oil drain plug. I changed the oil and replaced the drain plug. The next morning the same wet oily spot was there. Still under warranty I took the car to the dealer. They proceeded to drain my new Mobile1 oil and proclaim that the drain plug was not a OEM. After a test drive they then proceeded to pull the oil pan and replace the gasket. After another test drive they found the water pump was leaking where it bolts to the engine. The coolant was running down the engine to the lowest point which is the drain plug. That yellow coolant is oily looking and feeling. I told the dealer I already changed the drain plug and oil. It has ran great ever since.
good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts