My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi pbpenney,

I have 16" winter tires on my 2011... It depends on your 17 tire size, you'll either need 215/65/16 or 215/70/16 (I have those)

·
Registered
28 Posts
BeDevil79 said:
Hi pbpenney,

I have 16" winter tires on my 2011... It depends on your 17 tire size, you'll either need 215/65/16 or 215/70/16 (I have those)
Sorry, it is a old thread but I want to buy four 16" wheels and I want to know the offset of your 16" wheels.

I do not know the offset of the 18" stock wheels and I do not want to buy 4 wheels that do not fit because of the calipers... :confused:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not 100% sure but I think they're +38mm

If you try online places they should only show wheels that will fit the car

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not 100% sure but I think they're +38mm

If you try online places they should only show wheels that will fit the car

The offset is negative ou positive ?

Have you got any website which show only the wheels ?
I am in France and the Compass is not a widespread car, no french website have 16" wheels for the Compass. :/

·
Registered
308 Posts
Positive as far as I know...

I got my winter rims from a local exhaust shop, but if I look online for wheels that are 16" I look for Patriot because it's the same fitment and chassis components

·
Registered
28 Posts
but if I look online for wheels that are 16" I look for Patriot because it's the same fitment and chassis components
Yes, I know. The Dodge Caliber is the same too.
But in France, it is hard to find some 16" wheels the Patriot or the Caliber. There are not a lot of owner, they are exotic cars here. :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey!

You just shop around for a steel wheel that matches these dimensions, as long as the offset is within 10mm (ie. +42 to +32) then you should be ok. Hyundai Santa Fe's have almost the exact same specs! These are my wheel hub specs (its the same for all compasses, but each different wheel may have a slightly different offset (sport, limited , 2011 onwards etc).
5x114.3, cb 67.1, offset (et) = +42mm
This means pretty much any 16" wheel (with similar offset) matching these specs will fit with no issues.
Match all of the specs cause they are all important...And post pics! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the offset value.

I am searching. If I find, I post pics. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts