My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Getting a little frustrated searching for my 2018 Compass TSBs.
I got spoiled with our 2017 WK2 Grand Cherokee. There’s a great website WK2Jeeps.com that lists all TSBs by system code.
I checked Edmunds & NHTSA.GOV, where I found this “manufacturers communication” but it does not include all details.
Alldata does not have 2018 Jeeps.

September 2,2017
COMPONENTS:pOWER TRAIN, ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
NHTSA ID Number: 10121779
Manufacturer Communication Number: 18-082-17
Summary

Flash: Powertrain Diagnostic and System Improvements

This bulletin involves reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with the latest available software.

Vehicle was built with incorrect Powertrain Control Module Calibration.

1 Affected Product
Vehicle

MAKE MODEL YEAR
JEEP COMPASS 2018

There is no link to the full Bulletin. I am also anticipating a TSB for the instrument cluster non-dimming problem to no avail as yet....wish the Compass had a comprehensive site such as WK2JEEPS for the GC.
Any help?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,
Getting a little frustrated searching for my 2018 Compass TSBs.
I got spoiled with our 2017 WK2 Grand Cherokee. There’s a great website WK2Jeeps.com that lists all TSBs by system code.
I checked Edmunds & NHTSA.GOV, where I found this “manufacturers communication” but it does not include all details.
Alldata does not have 2018 Jeeps.

September 2,2017
COMPONENTS:pOWER TRAIN, ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
NHTSA ID Number: 10121779
Manufacturer Communication Number: 18-082-17
Summary

Flash: Powertrain Diagnostic and System Improvements

This bulletin involves reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with the latest available software.

Vehicle was built with incorrect Powertrain Control Module Calibration.

1 Affected Product
Vehicle

MAKE MODEL YEAR
JEEP COMPASS 2018

There is no link to the full Bulletin. I am also anticipating a TSB for the instrument cluster non-dimming problem to no avail as yet....wish the Compass had a comprehensive site such as WK2JEEPS for the GC.
Any help?
I tried to get in different places this TSB including the other TBS for compass 2018 without success, I hope you have better luck finding them

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I tried to get in different places this TSB including the other TBS for compass 2018 without success, I hope you have better luck finding them
This site does OBD codes & looks current on the TSBs! (Although they list “Manufacturers Communications” as TSBs wich technically they are not)

https://www.obd-codes.com/tsb/2018/jeep/compass/

I guess the most current for Recalls & Complaints would be the NHTSA.GOV

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/JEEP/COMPASS/SUV/AWD#recalls
IN FACT : the dash dimming issue I am told will be a “safety Recall” ... very soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts