My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been away for sometime........started up the compass started first try......filled up with fresh gas drove it for 2 days my ODO turned over 180,000km day 2 i'm sitting in traffic and it almost stalls next red light same thing almost stalls. doesent do it for an hour or so then i'm on the 401 in stop and go traffic i accelerate and it almost dies and jerks. i am on my 3RD alternator and the transmission has been replaced at 60,000km. run synthetic oil and change it every 5000-6000km new plugs every 40,000km etc. i do all the maintenence on this piece of ****ing **** and it just keeps going......at what point do i stop? oh yeah in the last 5000km i have consumed 1L of oil. DEAR CHRYSLER **** YOU :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Water in the gas? I have not experienced the stalling problem on my own Jeep Compass but your description is very similar to the one I experienced driving my sister's Honda Oddysey. A can of "Sea Foam" helped a lot.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I never fill up at a station if I see a fuel transport filling the station. Go elsewhere or wait until much later and/or the next day. The water in the bottom of the tank gets churned up and takes a while to settle. There is always some at the bottom of the tank from condensation.

Some isopropyl alcohol wil dilute with water and help. Its very volitile alcohol but cheap and clear out of the system and tank.

Good Luck, Zackman

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm i didnt even think of that makes sense actually! i just ordered a ****load of parts from jc whitney for my jeep full overhaul of every suspension component :eek: will happen in may!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yep, does sound like the symptoms of bad fuel had that problem with another vehicle which is why I agree with trip, I never fill up when I see the tanker there.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, does sound like the symptoms of bad fuel had that problem with another vehicle which is why I agree with trip, I never fill up when I see the tanker there.

- Cherokee
i never said i filled up while a tanker was there......when i got home i filled up with 30L of premium then 2 days later filled up full tank of regular. it was the day after i filled up when it would randomly sound like it was going to stall while idling or in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i never said i filled up while a tanker was there......when i got home i filled up with 30L of premium then 2 days later filled up full tank of regular. it was the day after i filled up when it would randomly sound like it was going to stall while idling or in stop and go traffic.
Well you should have burned through most of it by. Been a while. Get at least 30L-40L of Shell Gold. It good cleaning out crap. Burn through most of it before going back to regular. You may see a difference fairly quickly.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well you should have burned through most of it by. Been a while. Get at least 30L-40L of Shell Gold. It good cleaning out crap. Burn through most of it before going back to regular. You may see a difference fairly quickly.
i burned thru 3 tanks of gas when i was home for a week hopefully i resolve this issue with my rebuild ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts