1x Lower Idler Wheel
1x Cabin Air Filter
1x Belt tensioner
1 set of foglights
1 set of headlights
front set of evolution z16 premium ceramic brake pads
rear set of evolution z16 brake pads
k&N washable engine air filter

i kinda took advantage of free shipping in the US saved myself over 200$ easily.

Can anyone guess what all of this cost?

i will also be taking to the dealer for a timing belt change and transmission flush & change the cooling lne (coming from cvt) that has signs of leakage

·
Registered
52 Posts
You only changed your brake pads one time in 180 000km ?

And you never changed your tie rod and ball joint ? I changed them 2 times already and I have 100 000 lol

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I don't think I want to know. Yeap for sure don't want to know. I am sure a lot of this you just deciding to do together and its not a melt down.

CVT fluid change is expensive from what a dealer told me. 125,000km is the recommended point. Notice that just out of the power train warranty. LOL

Ooooh, timing belt ... who knows.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You only changed your brake pads one time in 180 000km ?

And you never changed your tie rod and ball joint ? I changed them 2 times already and I have 100 000 lol
where did i say i changed my brake pad's once?

why are you assuming i have never changed my tierod or baljoints? i havent ordered those parts because they have been replaced in the last year.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think I want to know. Yeap for sure don't want to know. I am sure a lot of this you just deciding to do together and its not a melt down.

CVT fluid change is expensive from what a dealer told me. 125,000km is the recommended point. Notice that just out of the power train warranty. LOL

well no i need allot of these parts i spent under 1,200 talk about a steal. every time i hit a speed bump i bottom out. 180k on OE struts...time to change. my rear end is so ****ed up i have about -5 negative camber because all my joints are loose so replacing everything in the rear front swaybar links since the first ones went at 80,000km and i'm on 100,000km since i last replaced those. need front pads i will need to do the back pads at 220km so why not buy them now they were cheap enough. my foglights are all cracked and my headlights are all pitted so why not i needed a new drive belt and idler pullys so figured do the water pump too for 40$ cant say no. o2 sensor was 60 and it's a premium bosch sensor that was onsale from 110. cant complain!

·
Registered
205 Posts
You don't need to change the timing belt. Maybe you meant the serpentine belt then that's ok. The timing belt, no. Don't forget to use synthetic oil only such as Mobil 1. I am currently using G-oil but I will not give you report on my findings until after six more months. I change oil only twice a year but I clean the air filter every week. Engine runs great.

·
Registered
205 Posts
CVT oil change can be expensive but definitely worth doing. I did mine at 120K and I felt the difference between the old oil and the new oil, not to mention the wallet feeling lighter too. $135.00

·
Registered
205 Posts
Oh before I forget, you did not mention the inner tie rods. Those are the parts that really go bad first. Some people might think that its the links or shocks but its really the inner tie rods. If you lift the wheel off the ground and move the wheel left-right-left-right and feel any looseness, it's those inner tie rods. All cars suffer from this problem due to the small size of the inner tie rods. You can save the sway bar links or extend its life a lot by injecting grease into them.

Sorry you did mention your tie rods being replaced. Anyway this info is for those who are contemplating some repairs in the near future. tks

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
took the jeep into my mechanic last week i replaced the following
Front:

Left & Right Lower Control Arms
Left & Right kybg2 Strut Assembly
Left & Rght Sway bar End links
Left & Right kyb Shock Boots
Left & Right Premium Pads & Rotors

Rear:

Left & Right Upper Control Arms
Left & Right Trailing Arms!!
Left & Right Cross Members
Left & Right Alignment
Left & Right Ebrake Shoes.
Left & Right Premium Pads & Rotors.

And topped off with a 4 wheel alignment. I basically have a new car now.

Changed within the last 5000km
Serpentine Belt
Pulleys
New Headlights
New Fog lights
K&N Washable Filter
Fixed The Horn

all of this cost me around $2100 in parts sold to me at cost by my mechanic/parts i ordered online. He charged me $300 labor to install everything......Talk about a deal!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

after we got it on the hoist i discovered both front ballpoints were shot and the rear trailing arm bushings were both shot those are 300 each from the dealer at cost!!!!! but she is all fixed now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts