My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought a few weeks ago, used, with a few problems, but it took me across the country averaging 27 mpg. I was wondering what the warranty on this would be. It's 6 years old, but very low mileage, less than 40,000. On the few problems...
- the red air bag dash light is on, and the amber traction control and ESP/BAS lights are on. Also the horn doesn't work when your press down. Someone told me it's probably a bad clock spring in the steering wheel and a bad trac switch somewhere. I noticed it wasn't aligned well before I bought it, and the day after purchase I had it aligned. The alignment mechanics said that the ball joints, tie rod, and other stuff underneath are all ok.
- it idles a bit rough in gear and at stop lights sometimes. I don't notice it otherwise. I changed the spark plugs and it still idles rough sometimes when in gear and at stop lights. I will clean the MAF sensor, clean the throttle body (is this electronic or cabled?), and install a K&N fabric air filter which I hope will take care of any idle hesitation unless anyone here has other suggestions.

On the dash lights, a couple of mechanics checked it out and these are the error codes they found...

From Mechanic #1...
C1219, C1240, C2205, C2312
B1B02, B1B06, B210B

From Mechanic #2...
C1219, C1240, C2312
B1A25, B1B02, B1B06

Both mechanics differed slightly, so here's a compilation of all codes...
C1219, C1240, C2205, C2312
B1A25, B1B02, B1B06, B210B

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine is new with 4000 miles on it now and has a rough idle only when stopped while in gear. Actually it sounds like a jackhammer!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts