My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

Does anybody have service manual which covers 2011-> Diesel model also (with Mercedes engine) ?
Mainly I would like to know thread type of pump pulley left or right hand.hopefully some exploded pictures of the assemply.

My Car is Compass 2,2crd limited, kilometers now 124.000.
Great mercedes quality... water pump sprayed coolants out. I've never heard that water pump is broken in these kilometers. Fortunately it's in quite easy place to replace but that pulley seems to be quite hard to remove.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Does anybody have service manual which covers 2011-> Diesel model also (with Mercedes engine) ?
Mainly I would like to know thread type of pump pulley left or right hand.hopefully some exploded pictures of the assemply.

My Car is Compass 2,2crd limited, kilometers now 124.000.
Great mercedes quality... water pump sprayed coolants out. I've never heard that water pump is broken in these kilometers. Fortunately it's in quite easy place to replace but that pulley seems to be quite hard to remove.
Their is a special pulley tool to remove and to put on the pulley find a shop that can remove the one off ther old one a put it on the new one a lot of shops might do this for free since its a 10 sec job if they have the machine (cant drive with it off need someone to take u to get it done just putting that out there)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
That water pump is also "jeep Special" I visited MB parts dealer and they don't have that kind of pump available. Pump is connected with steering pump and because of that pulley has to be removed to get pump out. shaft goes through the water pump to steering pump

1 - 4 of 4 Posts