·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wow Z-man, she sure sounds sick.
you have my sympathy, nobody deserves such heartache.
Get well soon - I guess.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow Z-man, she sure sounds sick.
you have my sympathy, nobody deserves such heartache.
Get well soon - I guess.
LOL dealership quoted me stupid price too i have my buddys shop doing it monday the alternator is 450 bucks

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well certainly not going to be covered the Fiat group. Get it rebuilt by an alternator rebuilder would be the best bet. Even if its only the bearings. There is a place in Markham I used years ago for a Astro Van alternator.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well certainly not going to be covered the Fiat group. Get it rebuilt by an alternator rebuilder would be the best bet. Even if its only the bearings. There is a place in Markham I used years ago for a Astro Van alternator.
i cant have much downtime (my business opens for the year monday) im not getting the pos mopar alternator fixed. im getting it replaced at rem-tech automotive on trafalgar tmrw ill be there 9 am should be out of there by noon or so im looking at 450 plus labour and wile they are working on my jeep im going to be detailing a few cars at the shop so that will probably be traded off on labour.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, not to be rude.
If you've had all these problem why haven't you traded this lemon in?
a. i financed it 21g
b. i still owe 5g
c. i got it apraised for trade in at 5g,6g and at one place 6,5g
d. im planning on it soon trust me

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i cant have much downtime (my business opens for the year monday) im not getting the pos mopar alternator fixed. im getting it replaced at rem-tech automotive on trafalgar tmrw ill be there 9 am should be out of there by noon or so im looking at 450 plus labour and wile they are working on my jeep im going to be detailing a few cars at the shop so that will probably be traded off on labour.
Well the bearing could be swapped fairly quickly. It shouldn't be too hard to pull the alternator and wait for the repair (if pre arranged) then put it back in. $450 however is out rages IMO.

Sent the info in a PM

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the bearing could be swapped fairly quickly. It shouldn't be too hard to pull the alternator and wait for the repair (if pre arranged) then put it back in. $450 however is out rages IMO.

Sent the info in a PM
well i dont know if it's a bearring forsure but my car lost power i went to limp mode and remb how i said once i got the power light on my cluster so im just replacing it better safe then sorry. i plan on driving allot this summer im going to pei /newbrunswick in aug and bc in november so i need a good running car

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Sent the info in a PM
had it done today spent 5 hr at my buddy's shop. i discovered a crack in the belt and all 3 idler pulleys are making noise because the bearings are on their way out. boo mopar parts! we couldn't get replacements so that will have to wait, glad to have my jeep back to normal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts