My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's a thread on cross bars for 2011+ just a few lines aboves, but in my understanding the 2011+ Compass use a different factory roof rails as the first generation (2007-10) right??

I just bought the used 2010 Jeep Compass North 4WD CVT from my mother and I'm looking for the cross bars to install my existing THULE cargo box from my other car on it.

The factory Mopar cross bars are very expensive... like 300$ at the dealership in Canada and something like 25-30$ less in the US... not a big deal.

Thule offer a third-party application cross bars for the Jeep, but they are like 450$ (no joke!)... more expensive than factory bars?? Wtf...?

I do some research on the web (eBay, amazon, etc) and didn't find something clear about the first generation's Compass but there's a few compatible bars for 2nd gen (2011+).

I found some "generic" bars on eBay who's supposed to be compatible, but the factory roofs rails of the Compass are pretty unique if I compare to other compact SUV (Rav4, CRV, etc.) because there are flush to the roof (no gap between rail and roof) and the exterior side of the rails are filled with no opening and the cross bars must attach from the inside side of the rail.

Anybody find some great AND CHEAP third-party cross bars for the 1st gen Compass here? They must be lockable because my Thule carbo box are pretty expensive... so don't want to get them stole!

Thank you!
Simon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally I had the chance to find someone on eBay selling a "demo" set of genuine MOPAR cross bars for half the MSRP and he even ship it free to Canada! They only miss the hex ("allen") key... which is in fact a specific "tamper proof" hex key who take me a few days to figure out where to buy a spare one (for cheap) because dealer can order a spare one for 25$ (no joke!), but I finally find a complete set of tamper proof hex key (all sizes) for 5$ in a local store... LOL!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts