My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully, maybe, someone knows what my problem is:

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass with a manual transmission. Yesterday morning I started my car and went to shift into first gear. It shifted but there was a very blocky feeling and it didn't want to shift. I had to try it a couple times before it shifted. After I got going I was able to shift fine into other gears. Every time I had to shift into first after stopping I kept having resistance and didn't know if it would shift. Now, today, I went to start my car and I needed to back up from my parking space. The gear shifter would not go into reverse at all. It would not shift into reverse and a couple of times I accidentally made a grinding noise while trying to get it into reverse. I turned my car off and then back on and tried again and it shifted into reverse freely. I backed up and then tried to shift into first but it would not budge again. I couldn't get it out of reverse. I turned my car off completely and sat there a second- then keeping the clutch pushed down I tried to shift out of reverse and it freely moved. I was able to move the gear shift freely in and out of all speeds when the engine is not running. I'm hoping this is a good indication I don't have something major to be fixed because I can't afford something big. Any ideas on what needs to be repaired?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Being a standard I bet the clutch release is not working. Most newer vehicles use a hydralic clutch activating method and if there is a seal leak there isn't enough fluid or pressure to allow for a non inteference gear shift. You'll have to check that system out carefully and see that it is correct. I don't run standards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hopefully, maybe, someone knows what my problem is:

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass with a manual transmission. Yesterday morning I started my car and went to shift into first gear. It shifted but there was a very blocky feeling and it didn't want to shift. I had to try it a couple times before it shifted. After I got going I was able to shift fine into other gears. Every time I had to shift into first after stopping I kept having resistance and didn't know if it would shift. Now, today, I went to start my car and I needed to back up from my parking space. The gear shifter would not go into reverse at all. It would not shift into reverse and a couple of times I accidentally made a grinding noise while trying to get it into reverse. I turned my car off and then back on and tried again and it shifted into reverse freely. I backed up and then tried to shift into first but it would not budge again. I couldn't get it out of reverse. I turned my car off completely and sat there a second- then keeping the clutch pushed down I tried to shift out of reverse and it freely moved. I was able to move the gear shift freely in and out of all speeds when the engine is not running. I'm hoping this is a good indication I don't have something major to be fixed because I can't afford something big. Any ideas on what needs to be repaired?
Hi I have the same problem for about one month.
May I ask how you solved this issue?
Best

1 - 3 of 3 Posts