My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

My Jeep is overheating, I've changed both thermostats and the sensor to no avail.

When I start it up I hear crazy gurgling so my assumption is trapped air.

I'm hoping someone maybe able to help me with burping the radiator/engine or wherever the air maybe trapped before I go looking into the water pump.

I'm also hoping there's a bleeder valve or something "simple".

I've tried squeezing the hoses and have only seen a few small bubbles.

My next attempt is going to be to jack up the front of the car and hopefully draw the bubbles up but I'm really kinda reaching in the dark.

Thanks!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all!

My Jeep is overheating, I've changed both thermostats and the sensor to no avail.

When I start it up I hear crazy gurgling so my assumption is trapped air.

I'm hoping someone maybe able to help me with burping the radiator/engine or wherever the air maybe trapped before I go looking into the water pump.

I'm also hoping there's a bleeder valve or something "simple".

I've tried squeezing the hoses and have only seen a few small bubbles.

My next attempt is going to be to jack up the front of the car and hopefully draw the bubbles up but I'm really kinda reaching in the dark.

Thanks!
UPDATE:

I had a couple mechanic friends look at it and determined it wasn't circulating due to the water pump all the coolant needs to be diluted.

I'll update once all is done. Thanks!

· Registered
82 Posts
Glad you found the problem.
Air can get trap in the water heater , before starting the engine un-clamp the radiator hose , Start engine and fill up with water. Shut engine down and re-clamp. If you do not use the heater sometimes it can trap air. Doing this refill with water sometimes can fill up the areas of trap air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts