My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 jeep compass n a few weeks ago the oil light came on. I thought it meant it was time for an oil change so i took it to get changed. While doing it they told me i needed an oil pan gasket. I didnt get it at the time cause i was gonna do it myself an save some money. After they changed the oil n i left the oil light was still on so i went back n they said it meant low oil pressure n was prolly because the oil pan gasket. So today i changed the oil pan gasket the oil n the filter n the light is still on. Can anyone help me please?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had the samne issue on my 2014 I did all the past 2 oil changes my self turn the key to the power on position and push the gas puttle 3 times but depress slowly within 10 sec then turn off and restart the jeep that should remove it.
I don't know about the oil pan gasket you have to take there word for it but u should have seen if it needed replacing if u changed it.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I had the samne issue on my 2014 I did all the past 2 oil changes my self turn the key to the power on position and push the gas puttle 3 times but depress slowly within 10 sec then turn off and restart the jeep that should remove it.
I don't know about the oil pan gasket you have to take there word for it but u should have seen if it needed replacing if u changed it.
What you are describing is to turn OFF the "Change Oil" words on the dash typically displayed in the odometer window. That's what mine does. I expect the 2007 is the same. An independent oil light indicates low oil pressure and usually goes out when driving since pressure is lower at idle than driving.

I don't believe these oil pans have a low oil sensor although some vehicles do have that as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the low oil pressure light thats on. I changed the oil pan gasket lastnight n the light is still on. I tried the pump the gas 3 times trick to see if mayb it would work but it didnt. These cars do have a oil pressure switch/sender. I thought mayb that was the problem. Today my jeep started jumping real bad when i was driving kinda like it wasnt gettin fuel. The oil pressure switch/sender is connected to the fuel pump so that it can cut itself off if it starts starving for oil. Im wondering if since its jumping like that mayb my fuel pump is goin bad causing the oil pressure switch to not read right n make the light come on the dash. Does this seem right n can anyone give me some suggestions

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If you don't have any loud lifter/tappet noise from the engine. It may just be the sender. Have it replaced then and see. I could be leaking or faulty. I had not heard of one cutting off fuel in those situations. I suppose its better than blowing the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i guess thats what im gonna have to do is change the sender. What do you suppose would be making the car jump n kinda cut out when im driving though? Would the sender do that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
He iam New hear. I was trying to se if anyone had had te same problem With the oil light . My jeep compass 2007. My quesito is hoy yo fin te problem. After change te oil and the filter the light is flashing when I drive. How can I fix it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 jeep compass n a few weeks ago the oil light came on. I thought it meant it was time for an oil change so i took it to get changed. While doing it they told me i needed an oil pan gasket. I didnt get it at the time cause i was gonna do it myself an save some money. After they changed the oil n i left the oil light was still on so i went back n they said it meant low oil pressure n was prolly because the oil pan gasket. So today i changed the oil pan gasket the oil n the filter n the light is still on. Can anyone help me please?
is the pressure oil sensor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts