My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m having serious issues w/ my da daughters 2007. The passenger side headlight, fog light, door window, and door speaker all do not function. The window did work intermittent, But has now failed completely midway down. I was able to repair the right side headlight by rerunning the ground wire to a new location. I’m not sure where all these items might tie in together groundwise. The wiring on these vehicles seems terrible! Any help would be appreciated!

·
890 Posts
At 12 years old anything is possible. At about 200,000 miles my 2008 Patriot (sibling to the Compass) had an electrical problem but my symptoms were nothing like yours. However, in the course of hunting down my problem my mechanic found a bad spot under my passenger side front threshold. It wasn't my solution, but being on the right side its a place you might start looking.

My quite different problem was traced to a bad spot in the engine harness directly below the battery. It was preventing the ignition from shutting down so it drained my battery overnight. I was also getting some bogus dashboard lights but I kinda forget what they were -- one was the seat belt warning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is from my topic when I was having problems with my ground. Thought it might be useful. Took me awhile to figure it out lol. Update: problems with passenger side headlight, turn signal, fog light, manifold flow, a/c, 02 sensor and red break light on cluster was all caused by the g110 ground which is located underneath the windshield washer tank. The wires looked ok but after splicing in to them about 4 inches back from the eyelet everything was fixed. Now to tackle the drivers side.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update all problems on left side including rear 02 sensor was also another main ground located on the drivers side right next to the radiator at the top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts