My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I recently changed the front control arms, drivers wheel bearing and CV axle, clutch, throwout, and all mounts on my jeep. When I did the control arms I didn't notice any noise. When I changed all the other parts and drove it I am noticing a loud grinding or whining noise in the front. Only happes when under power In 1st and less in 2nd. Seems to be related to how much power I'm putting down. I lifted the car and didn't notice any wheel bearing noise when spinning the wheel. I could t feel any noticable play in the passenger axle but I did dislocate it when pulling it off I did manage to get it relocated. I also forgot to pull down the carrier bearing for the intermediate shaft when dropping the trans, could this have caused damage to the diff? This noise doesn't happen if I'm light and careful on the throttle when taking off but more power and it whines or grinds not really sure how to describe it. My fiance said it was quiet on the driver's side but sounded like a vibration on the passenger. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts