My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this vehicle April 2008. Compass North 2.4..After 12 years and 300,00km it is time to say goodbye to it. The slave cylinder and\or clutch has gone and I don't want to spend the money to fix it..But what a great vehicle! Almost everything on the car is still original even the battery! I had very few problems with it over the last 12 years and it has spent very little time in the shop. About the most expensive repair was for a new alternator. The old one still worked but the bearings were going and it made a awful racket. so all in all I was very pleased with the Compass and am very sorry to see it go. I may get another one but they seem to be quite a bit bigger theses days, so who knows?

·
961 Posts
Hello and Goodby. Nice that you stopped by.

May I suggest you not trash your Compass quite so quickly?

FYI, I had a 2008 Patriot (sibling to the Compass) and at 200,000 miles (320,000 kms) I had an electrical problem. I debated putting out $1200 for a new engine harness but since I hadn't spent anything on it to that point I figured I'd do the repair. I got another 75,000 trouble-free miles out of it, then sold it to a friend two years ago and its still on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts