My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hail: For a year now I have had an intermitant fault, which the Jeep garage have been unable to identify. The vehicle judders as if riding over lots of sleeping policemen, then it will pick up again and drive normally. Sometimes it will light the MIL light. After a while this resets back to normal.
It seems more prelavent if running 1/4 full petrol tank, improves if then refil tank with top premium petrol. (red herring?)
I have recently purchased a code scanner and the only code generated is P0302 #2 cyl misfire. Could this be the problem?
The car is due for a service in 2 weeks where I will give them the code details.

But what could casue the #2 cyl misfire anyway. Is there anything that I could do/check before taking to garage and spending $$$$?

2008 CVT 2.4lt Petrol.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Here's info from the 2007 MK (US) Service Manual:

P0302-CYLINDER 2 MISFIRE

When Monitored:
Any time the engine is running and the adaptive numerator has been successfully updated.

Set Condition:
If the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the variation in crankshaft speed between each cylinder exceeds a calibrated value, based on engine rpm and load, a fault is set.

Possible Causes
FUEL DELIVERY SYSTEM
IGNITION COIL, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
ECT SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
MAP SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
O2 SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
ENGINE MECHANICAL SYSTEM
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
^^^^ Great info! The code reader I use at work, for a misfire also indicates faulty plugs, vacuum leak on the engine, engine mechanical problem or fuel injector. I would start with new plugs and work your way up from there.

- Cherokee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts