1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help
I just bought a 2008 Jeep Compass with the 2.4 L
Everything worked great
But than the next day I got in and drive responds very slowly before kicking in.
Reverse works great engages right away than you put it in drive and it takes a while to grab on. No real problems after it is in gear

Does anyone have any opinions??? :wjeep:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Hard to say is it an Automatic CVT or standard? How much have you driven it since you got it?

If its a CVT the fluid level might be the issue but there is no dipstick and can only be checked at a dealer. How many miles on it.

I am guess you did not go for much of a test drive. If it was a dealer they should fix it without saying much.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Please help
I just bought a 2008 Jeep Compass with the 2.4 L
Everything worked great
But than the next day I got in and drive responds very slowly before kicking in.
Reverse works great engages right away than you put it in drive and it takes a while to grab on. No real problems after it is in gear

Does anyone have any opinions??? :wjeep:
Hey carlosgomes,

I am sorry to hear about your vehicle’s recent condition. Do any lights illuminate in your instrument cluster when your vehicle exhibits this behavior?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to try it, the test drive actually went pretty good when it's warm there no delay but after it sits it is when it happens

It is automatic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts