My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving down highway at about 60 and I notice multiple times my speedometer with fluctuate down to 45 and then back up to 60. This is also accompanied by a warning tone, ABS light, Brake light, traction control light for a split second. There is no shuddering or anything else. This also doesn't appear to happen at low speed. The only thing that has been fixing this car is the front wheel bearing and I changed out the positive battery terminal. But it has been a couple months since those have been replaced. Any suggestions on what might this might be?

·
Registered
50 Posts
The problem with modern car is there electrical in nature which mean every thing depend on it, and anything that has a plug can get corroded to a point it looses contact intermittently.
That being said, your care is 9 years old, and you replaced the terminal, start there
Check your ground's,battery/body, and In the fuse box pull all fuses, put them back in, as well as the solenoids (electrical switches that turn thing off and on, like dash panel lights.)
this simple act can save you a shop call.
Let us know what you find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts