My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start the jeep there is a loud knocking type noise...However it started while I was driving and was a whining noise, transmission doesnt shift right. Almost llike there is a gear that is not engaged. The car has been driven everyday almost all day, a lot of miles put on in a short period of time. Maybe I need to change the cvt fluid? I dont have money to pay for a dealer, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
CVT spec's to change fluid after 120k/km.

Any codes? Not much to go on. Something appears to be worn or broken.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Well first, welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your problem! Do you have any kind of warranty left on it? I bought the Chrysler Max Care warranty for my truck and will say, it's worth its weight in gold so something to consider down the road. Unfortunately the CVT is only supposed to be serviced by a tech but definitely sounds like something isn't right there so good luck, be sure to keep us posted and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
142 Posts
Did you buy it brand new. The 2009 I had came with a lifetime powertrain warranty. I'm in the USA. I don't know if it was the same in Canada. It was only for the original owner.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Did you buy it brand new. The 2009 I had came with a lifetime powertrain warranty. I'm in the USA. I don't know if it was the same in Canada. It was only for the original owner.
FYI: Lifetime powertrain was a USA only offer. Never in Canada, double standards.

Waste of tiime on this 1 post wonder who posts never been on the forum and doesn't return with detailed information. I just pass them by now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts