My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi we own a 2010 Jeep Compass and we had it for 7 years now. New Battery, New Alternator. It makes a rough start in the mornings daily. It turns on but starts shaking and wont advance until it gets warm for about 5 minutes. Alternator has been checked and is good, the next thing in our minds is to take it to the Dealership, any comments or suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I also have a 2010 Jeep Compass with 243K on it now. First I would check the codes, you could get this done inexpensively at a parts store or good shop. Plugs would also be cheap and easy. Also try running a few cans of name brand fuel treatment thru the tank. After that things get more expensive. May seem like an odd question but have you changed oil on a regular basis? The 2.4 L can gunk up if not kept serviced and casuse problems with the VVT. Hope you find something cheap and easy mine has been really reliable and in all the miles not let me down. The lower joints on the front end will wear out so I advise you check or have them checked once a year. Best of luck to you and your Jeep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts