My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at a 2010 Patriot today and noticed some changes. They have body colored door handles and rear tailgate trim. I saw the illuminated cup holder rings.The mirrors are heated. They have different headrests and the heater /ac controls are different. I would imagine the Compass would be the same way.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The 2010 has just been released on the jeep website. Additions include illuminated cup holders and rear seat heat ducts. Everything else looks the same, I couldn't find the body match door handles anywhere, but it might be in a package somewhere.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No lifetime warrenty on 2010's!?!

I just read the previous posts on the 2010 and got curious. So I was poking around Jeep.com and saw this in some fine print about the Lifetime warranty :

No deductible. Not valid on 2010 models. See dealer for a copy of limited warranty and details. Non-Transferable. Not available on SRT®, Diesel vehicles, and certain fleet vehicles.

I guess that means I won't be trading up to a newer model anytime soon!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yeah, I didn't see anything that would want me to run out and trade mine off on a new 2010 model. Being from Canada there is no such thing as a lifetime warranty so that doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
656 Posts
More Comfortable Interior and Trail Rating

Jeep® Compass raises the bar in style and comfort with a fresh looking cabin that includes softer and higher-grade materials, bright chrome accents and more. LED-backlight gauges, padded door armrests and a padded center console are just a few of the touches that refine the rugged reputation of Jeep®. The 2010 Compass also offers standard map dome lights, a leather wrapped park brake handle (only standard on Limited) and an available remote start[6] for convenience. And the comfort level has been increased with an available six-way power driver's seat with lumbar support, heated front seats, and rear reclining seats. And a fold-flat front passenger seat adds even more to Compass's already excellent versatility.

A couple of refinements for sure, power drivers seat is nice, as is the padded console and armrests.
And what's this?
The Compass can come as "Trail Rated" in 2010?

A Jeep® Trail Rated® badge is found on all 4x4s that pass a series of grueling tests designed to prove off-road capability on the world's most demanding terrain. Compass's state-of-the-art Freedom-Drive I™ is used to conquer this terrain. The active full-time 4WD system anticipates the need for added traction and responds to wheel-slippage automatically to help ensure you have a safe and carefree driving experience.
(quotes from WWW.Jeep.com)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I saw the thing about the trail rated badge, and that was what got me interested. The no warranty thing killed that idea quick!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well personally, I've grown quite attached to my 08, so I wont be trading it in any time soon me thinks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm already keeping an eye out for a wrecked '09 Compass or Patriot so I can swap out interior parts into my '08. :)

Rear seat vents and heated mirrors are a definite plus though.

I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about the Compass being trail rated though for 2010. That's news to me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well I dont know the specifics on the drive shaft, but all you really need is a differential and some skid plates and you'd have "trail rated" compass. Those are truly the only real differences between a trail rated Patriot and a Compass. And honestly, unless you think your going to be doing some serious Xhit in your compass, the gear reduction isn't even necessary. But I digress. That's a pretty good idea with the part swap there Knightfall, I'll keep that in mind.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I dont know the specifics on the drive shaft, but all you really need is a differential and some skid plates and you'd have "trail rated" compass. Those are truly the only real differences between a trail rated Patriot and a Compass. And honestly, unless you think your going to be doing some serious **** in your compass, the gear reduction isn't even necessary. But I digress. That's a pretty good idea with the part swap there Knightfall, I'll keep that in mind.
Or maybe it's that Low/High (2) Speed Transfer case the "Trail Rated" Patriot has......

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm already keeping an eye out for a wrecked '09 Compass or Patriot so I can swap out interior parts into my '08. :)

Rear seat vents and heated mirrors are a definite plus though.

I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about the Compass being trail rated though for 2010. That's news to me.
I am also starting to look for long term part supply options.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, thats what I was talking about, der kah dir. That hi low thing, is called a differential.
Apologize, I was half wasted when I wrote that.... Hell, I don't even know what I was thinking of when I wrote that....

Wow...word of advice to all, don't mix rum and wine!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts