My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 days ago my Jeep started making a whining rattle high pitched when accelerating and after doing some self diagnostics I found out that it went away when I pushed in the clutch so I took it to a mechanic who then informed me it sounded like the transmission to take it to a dealer it should still be under the 100000 mile powertrain warranty because I only had 73000 miles on it. Took it to the dealer and after listening to it the dealer wants $500 to tear it apart to failure because they think its the bearing. And then replace the whole transmission for $5000. Apparently it's not under factory warranty anymore. I am so upset. After reading some of these threads what is wrong with this car? I have had old jalopies that I bought starting at 70000 miles and did not have this problem after owning it for several years. I am actually thinking about trying to trade it in before the noise gets much worse and maybe the new dealer won't notice especially if I go to a Ford dealer. I Looked my vehicle up in the Kelley Blue Book and it's not even worth $5000. SMH

1 - 1 of 1 Posts