My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i don't know what they are (because they're not posted on the window sticker), but i can tell you from personal experience, they're pretty good :(

my wife was rear-ended on monday by a kid in a focus not paying attention. he hit her so hard she went into the car in front of her, a second gen jeep grand cherokee. he went under her and ripped the exhaust down, so the car was not driveable. the airbags did not go off, but one thing i did notice that my wife did not was that the active head restraints deployed. i've had to explain to the insurance company three times why our car has "headrests" listed on the damage report! damage was both bumpers, headlights, liftgate was scratched, hood, grille, exhaust, radiator, ac condensor, and other minor things. just shy of $6k in damages was the estimate.

she's fine, not even a scratch and didn't feel sore the next day. overall i'm very impressed with these little cars.

and here's a picture of the headrest so that you 10+ guys can see what your headrests will do in the event of an accident.

headrest picture

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was towed to my dealership's body shop, and all the parts that are going to fix it are coming from my dealership's parts department, which is right downstairs. my parts manager is keeping me totally up to date with how long it is taking for the parts to come in. the writer said that this will be the first time that the customer will receive updates on the parts coming in before he will! he's glad that i'm kept up to date, and that i won't be calling him and bugging him wondering where my jeep is lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Glad to know your wife is OK. Interesting to see the headrests. I feel a lot safer in my new 2011 Compass Lat. 4x4 than my old Cherokee.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident but glad to hear your wife is ok! Pretty cool feature there with the headrests, good to know they worked as intended.

- Cherokee

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Good to hear the wife is ok.

The headrests popping is something I've never seen before, kind of coo, especially if it helps preventing injury.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts