My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and newly married. My wife owns a 2011 Jeep Compass with 93,000 miles on it.

My wife was driving home and both the ETC and Traction control popped up and she lost most of her power. She pulled over shut the car off and restarted it and it was fine. I searched these forums for some clarification on what it might be but I have not found anything that is really specific besides a possible vac leak. Has anyone had a similar situation?

Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'd start by looking at the rear brakes, ie, she didn't actually lose power but one of the brakes slowed the vehicle. For example if you have a seized brake pad it heats up as you drive due to friction, then the heat causes the metal to expand and it gets worse as you drive. If not a brake issue, next check the ABS sensors - if one shows an incorrect speed it will affect the ETC and traction control.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2010 Jeep compass sport 4x4. I have only had mine for about 5 weeks and it is doing the same thing, I lose power, and have the ETC and traction lights on the dash on.

Mine seems to be more when I first start it after it has been sitting, like over night. However, I noticed that if the lights are on, and I have little power, if I go to the gas station and add fuel to the tank and restart the car it 'fixes' it. I tried turning the car off and restarting, but nothing fixes it except putting fuel in.

So far I have cleaned the throttle body, changed the air filter, changed the gas cap, and inspected all of the wiring harness' and vacumm lines. None of those things fixed it.

Last week I bought a code reader, and the android Torque pro app. It appears to be a EVAP failure. I went ahead and replaced the canister purge valve (25.99 at autozone) but this did not fix the problem.

I have read of people having similar problems and fiding that it was a bad intake manifold, but I don't have any codes currently that indicate that, other than high and low idle codes if I have the scanner hooked up with the dash lights come on.

Let me know if your problem becomes worse, or better yet if you find an answer to helps you.

Thanks,

Isaiah

1 - 4 of 4 Posts