My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all thanks for looking at this. I’ve had this problem for about a year now and it seems to be getting worse or more frequent. I have a 2011 Compass 2.0 with 130K on it. It has issues when I’m driving, only when the RPM’s are between 1500-2000. It “hiccups” or “chugs” when I’m just barely touching the gas pedal. However, when I put the pedal down and reach 2000 RPM it doesn’t seem to have issues at all. I’m wondering if this is a fuel pump or fuel filter issue. I replaced the purge sensor on the firewall and that didn’t help. Any thoughts? Thanks again.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hey all thanks for looking at this. I’ve had this problem for about a year now and it seems to be getting worse or more frequent. I have a 2011 Compass 2.0 with 130K on it. It has issues when I’m driving, only when the RPM’s are between 1500-2000. It “hiccups” or “chugs” when I’m just barely touching the gas pedal. However, when I put the pedal down and reach 2000 RPM it doesn’t seem to have issues at all. I’m wondering if this is a fuel pump or fuel filter issue. I replaced the purge sensor on the firewall and that didn’t help. Any thoughts? Thanks again.
@Tomicino,
I certainly understand your concern here. Please know that our team is always available for additional dealer support via private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Tomicino,
I certainly understand your concern here. Please know that our team is always available for additional dealer support via private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
This happened to my 2017 compass and I took it to the dealership it needed a complete tuneup and a few spark plugs after labor and parts it cost me a little over $400 but it is not doing this anymore.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What you are describing sounds like lack of fuel and the engine running lean (hence the bucking). A fuel pressure test WHILE DRVING ( the mechanic hooks up a fuel pressure gauge) is a good first step. Also a fuel filter change is certainly in order if it hasn't been done yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts