My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got the oil changed today and the following TSB was applied because of my VIN
181906N3 Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Reprogram Module, Powertrain Control (PCM)and Transmission Control (TCM) - Reprogram
Perform TSB 21-010-11 UP DATE FOR TRANSMISSION SHIFTS

so far, starting off the line the car pulls harder... i'll let you know if i discover and other "improvements":nervous::popcorn:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: So over all the update has definitely improved the car's response on the 0-40mph range. Pulls hard on start and acceleration has been improved. For example, the other day I was running late had to floor it alot in city traffic. It "feels" faster than my old manual 2008 4x4 jeep now. :nervous:;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Did you have anything remapped to accomodate the K&N or Magnaflow? Do you think the PCM upgrade helped get some performance out of those items?

I saw a car restoration program (wheeler dealers, UK show) where they added several items such as intake and exhaust to an Impreza (IIRC) and it downgraded the original bhp until it was remapped.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Did you have anything remapped to accommodate the K&N or Magnaflow?
nope i did not. I didnt have it remapped for my 08 either (which i had the same mods).

Do you think the PCM upgrade helped get some performance out of those items?
lol that is a good question i'm sure it did.... but im not about to put the old mods back on to see the difference;) Basically for all of my cars ... i've always unplug the battery for at least 1 hour doing any sort of performance upgrades. What is SUPPOSE to happen is, the computer is suppose to reset and relearn idle, and all other operating conditions all over again for that motor. Again, i said "SUPPOSE".

I saw a car restoration program (wheeler dealers, UK show) where they added several items such as intake and exhaust to an Impreza (IIRC) and it downgraded the original bhp until it was remapped.
I'm sure that happens, again EVERY car is different, but for my car it has definitely been improved. Next time you get your oil changed from the dealership just tell them the car is "shifting weird every once in a while" and ask them to only apply any computer updates if there are any. Its free. Took them 45 mins to flash my car for some reason.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks for the answers, might look into it next year...

Getting oil done next week so I'll give it a go :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting oil done next week so I'll give it a go :)
cool post if they actually did an update or not. I'm interested to see if they apply the same update to yours. :wjeep:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have nothing negative to say about the recent PCM update. I had to have the car updated when it keep throwing a ETC and check engine light (the lightning bolt!). Since then, my gas mileage has improved by 2 mpg and the throttle response is much better. I noticed that the transmission is now silky smooth. It used to jump a little right around 40mph (i'm guessing that is where the transmission put itself in the highest possible gear). Great update!

·
Registered
308 Posts
cool post if they actually did an update or not. I'm interested to see if they apply the same update to yours. :wjeep:
Got the oil change done today - guess what? 'There's no update available and no need for it, your transmission is working properly' (I said it was sluggish from idle and had a clunk in 3rd to 4th)

Without check engine light he said there's nothing more he can do... :(

This was my local dealer, so next step is to contact the dealer I got it from, but I'm not hopeful of getting it done there either!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the oil change done today - guess what? 'There's no update available and no need for it, your transmission is working properly' (I said it was sluggish from idle and had a clunk in 3rd to 4th)

Without check engine light he said there's nothing more he can do... :(

This was my local dealer, so next step is to contact the dealer I got it from, but I'm not hopeful of getting it done there either!
wow that a load of bull! More like they are L A Z Y! In the other jeep forum one person ran into the same issue as you. He went to another dealer .... and the second dealer was able to find the update for him! surprise surprise!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Gents,

Keep in mind that they may be a difference with some TSB from the USA and Canada !!!!!!!

My 2 cents............

·
Registered
308 Posts
Good point, plus the production dates/VIN period could be different...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts