My Jeep Compass Forum banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts
Hey Javelin, I too am looking into the white/amber turn signal. However I want to make sure I don't run into the error with the resistor. Could you identify the exact part just so I can too follow precisley please? Thanks
Are you talking about the front or rear? What is the error with the resistor? Just replace the bulbs with what you want and be done.

So the front is 7444NA and the rear is 992 (7440A)

Why? That makes no sense. If you get the correct bulb say, you're good. I have LEDs in the license plate lights without a problem.
that's different. if you put an LED bulb into a turn signal marker, the car will interpret the drop in voltage as a burnt out bulb. it will then say "Bulb out" or something to that effect, and will blink the turn signal at twice the speed, also known as "hyper flash." to fix this, you need to splice in resistors to the positive wire going to the bulb to simulate the load of a regular bulb. this fools the car into thinking a normal bulb is still there and operating normally. the system is not set up to monitor license plate bulbs in the same fashion as turn signal or other bulbs.

I wouldn't think that small of a voltage change (stock 14v and LED 12v) would make a difference but I guess I'll take your word for it
it's not the voltage that the system is sensing that's dropping. sorry, that was my fault. it's the amount of power being used. an LED consumes far less electricity than a hallogen bulb. the car recognizes the gross drop in power consumption from that socket and thinks the bulb is burned out. that's why you need a resistor, to simulate the hallogen bulb on the circuit and fool the computer into thinking the bulb is still there.

Follow up

I had my eyes on those Grand HID headlights and was thinking the same...the compass would look so awesome with them HIDs.

Anyway, while I'm here, I hope you don't mind me sharing my 2011 Compass with headlights mod a bit. See the the attached pics.

Finally, does anyone know how to disable the lock feature on the Media Center DVD player? That is, you can only watch DVD while the car is parked...is there a way to disable this? Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Thanks,
jav
Great pics javelin, I also want to add led strips under my 2011 comp head lights.
Can anyone let me know how you connected the wires?

What was your choice on what to splice to?

Thanks, pics might help

the only way to play DVDs while in drive on the media center radios is to buy a lockpick, an aftermarket device that plugs into the rear of the radio. it is several hundred dollars.

oh, and guys, please read the article i posted about HIDs. for the sake of other drivers on the road, please do not install HIDs in your compass until we have found a way to do it safely, namely by putting in the propor projectors to safely aim that light. here is the article again:

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
I had a Subaru, very easy, had to attach a ground wire to one radio pin. Ought to be that easy on the Jeep. Has anyone done it. Heck of a lot cheeper,

121 - 133 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.