My Jeep Compass Forum banner

2011 Compass P0339

10K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Adamsover9000 
#1 ·
Hey guys. My wife was driving the Jeep today (I was with her) and all of a sudden the engine light pops on, the vehicle stumbles and loses power, traction control light turns on and we pull over. I let it sit for a minute and turned it back on. The CEL remains on, but the traction control light is off and it seems to be running fine for the most part, maybe a very slight shudder here and there. Anyways, I went to Advance Auto Parts and used their OBD II reader and pulled P0339. It says: P0339 crankshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent.

On the bright side, the sensor is only $12. But has anyone else encountered anything similar to this? Do you think it's the sensor at all? I'm in a 2011 Compass Latitude with the 2.4L CVT.

#2 ·
Update: A few hours later my CEL turned off. The vehicle still ran a little rough, but nothing out of the norm. I picked up the sensor from AutoZone and had my car buddy put it in for me. It's a pain to get to, but it isn't mechanically tough to do - just a lot of stuff to unbolt. We will see if it makes a difference, but I figured for the price, why not?

#4 ·
I don't have a part number, per se, but the replacement I got was Duralast "SU8488" Sensor. It was $12 from AutoZone and comes with a lifetime warranty. Putting the sensor in itself isn't hard, it's located on the back of the engine and takes a while to get to, so if this is a part that is faulty often, then that sucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.