My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have a 2011 Compass with the basic radio. I want to install a new radio and scanner in the space where the stock radio is. It looks like the 2011 is a 1 3/4 DIN and not a true Double DIN. Also I cant find a true double DIN bezel for a 2011, so this is slowing my progress down. I want to keep the look as clean as possible. Has anyone attempted this project yet or have any suggestions?

Any help would be awsome! Thanks in advance!

RCD

·
Registered
131 Posts
I tried the same last time. And also couldnt find any bezel for a 2 din navigator (mine is a 2008 compass).

The best that i could find is install a 1 din bezel, and buy an aftermarket stereo (like kenwood excelon, or other stereo alpine or pioneer) that came with navigator, and sirius or other satelite receiver.
You can find this bezels in METRAONLINE (i bouth this Metra Part # 99-6507 | Chrysler Dodge Dash kit | Metra Online).
Other web is this: Jeep Compass REC Navigation Radio AM/FM 6 Disc Radio but you should go to a REC navigation system(REC GPS Navigation Radio - Jeep Grand Cherokee, Compass & Commander - Item # 82208653AM, 5JT12XDVAH, 5JN311DHAN, 5JT12ZJ8AH & 5JN311J8AN ......... more than 2000 bucks!!!!!).

Now i just bought the bezel and waiting to buy the stereo and new 6x9 speakers. Unfortunately here in Peru (south america) we are wayyy back on techs and we dont have satelite radio, sirius or any sort of hi-fi radio (we are back in 19 century with FM radios).

i hope this helps.

·
Registered
278 Posts
FYI: there is no "nav" bezel from jeep for the 2011 models, because they made the basic radio and the higher navi radios the same exact size.

wojeda,
For the 2008 model compass there is a navi bezel part from jeep # 82211589 and you need also need to get the METRA 99-6510 for a double din radio. I only buy the pioneer avic-f700bt or avic-f900bt or avic-x710bt or avic-x910bt navi systems for my cars (from ebay). They can cost $300-$550 depending on what model you get (and not $2000 from jeep). I'll be posting the install photos and parts list shortly in a new post so you can see how it looks in a 2008 compass.

·
Registered
278 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts