My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys I'm new to this I figured out most of the wiring but... who am i kidding i know jack.... does anyone know the color scheme of the wires for the stereo harness and what they are.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the stock harness doesnt match my new unit.. so I have to wrap each individual wire to the new harness that came with the new unit... only problem is I dont know what each wire represents........so i need to know the left speaker + and - ....right speaker + and - .... the illumination wire.... etc.....

·
Registered
278 Posts
are you trying to install an aftermarket unit or a stock unit?

·
Registered
278 Posts
ah then youll need at CHYAH05 or CHYAH08 or C2R-CHY4 Premium Radio Replacement Interface Chrysler, trust me its alot easier PLUS you wont have to cut any wires so if you ever want to sell the car, it wouldnt be a PITA to put the stock radio back in. I'd suggest checking out my install for a double din radio (if you havent already) to show you what is involved getting one installed installed-aftermarket-pionee

·
Registered
339 Posts
i agree with w4rh4wk. you don't want to go cutting wires to install a radio, that's the wrong way to go about doing things. stop by your local audio shop, or at best buy, and pick up a wiring harness.

look at it this way. you'll cut off the harness, then you'll look at all the wires you have hanging there an panic, and it's too late. trust me, wiring harness is the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts