My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just brought home a 2011 compass latitude. Looking for the wheel specs to order proper wheel spacers to get the wheels out a bit further than stock, to where they should have been from the factory imo...

Thanks!

Update: Pictures with 5x114.3 67.1mm centerbore 1.5 in spacers on front a rear.
Before

After

The rear tires on the after pictures look like they have positive camber. It should be due to the springs haven't settled yet from having the car jacked up in the air.

The proud owner

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just brought home a 2011 compass latitude. Looking for the wheel specs to order proper wheel spacers to get the wheels out a bit further than stock, to where they should have been from the factory imo...

Google search came up with:

5x4.5
71.5 bore.

Anyone confirm this? ..and could you please point me to a good place to pick up some ~1.5" for front and ~1.5-2" for rear

Thanks!
5x114.3 67.1mm

This a good sire to order it.

Compass 07+

·
Registered
22 Posts
How have these spacers held up for you? Did you get the Ichiba spacers? Have you noticed a change in handling? I have the same year/make/model and love the look of it! Thinking about doing the same!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
How have these spacers held up for you? Did you get the Ichiba spacers? Have you noticed a change in handling? I have the same year/make/model and love the look of it! Thinking about doing the same!
Sorry for the delayed response. 3200 miles on the compass now and they have held up just fine. I haven't really noticed a change in handling. Honestly due to the fact that I put the spacers on right after I purchased the car. So, I don't really have that many miles driven without spacers to tell the difference.

I bought these: ICHIBA V2 38MM WHEEL SPACER 626 Mazda 3 5 6 Miata RX-8 5X114 WS-5511467E | eBay

Yes, it says MAZDA miata. But its the same bolt pattern and center bore. These were the cheapest I could find at the time. On a side note, If I were to do it again I would do 1 inch spacer on front and 1.5 inch on back. Either way will look 100% better than stock!

·
Registered
60 Posts
how have these spacers been for you? i just put some 20mm ichiba spacers on the rear today on my lifted 70th aniv. and were properly installed. i just don't hope i have one of those spacer horror stories. h&r spacers are suppose to be good too

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Do these spacers VOID the warranty?
The further out you go using wheel spacers. The leverage angle is increased appling more force on the already weak front end components.
Control arm (ball joint and bushings although bushings typically done wear)

Now whether they'll affect your steering being further out impacts on the tire are amplified and if you're on bumpy pavement a lot it could cause ealier wear on the tie rod ends over time.

When you modify like this. I makes it easy for the dealer to no honour the warranty because of the relocated wheel position. Don't be surprised if that happens and you end up paying for the repair. These are extremely light duty vehicles and not a 4x4 SUV as a Jeep WJ or XJ etc with massive arms etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The further out you go using wheel spacers. The leverage angle is increased appling more force on the already weak front end components.
Control arm (ball joint and bushings although bushings typically done wear)

Now whether they'll affect your steering being further out impacts on the tire are amplified and if you're on bumpy pavement a lot it could cause ealier wear on the tie rod ends over time.

When you modify like this. I makes it easy for the dealer to no honour the warranty because of the relocated wheel position. Don't be surprised if that happens and you end up paying for the repair. These are extremely light duty vehicles and not a 4x4 SUV as a Jeep WJ or XJ etc with massive arms etc.
they should be fine on only the rear?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I would think the rear mounts would be more robust and don't turning as the front do when steering.

Have you thought about moving wheels out further and past the wheel wells? In messy weather there will be much more splash and spray along the side of the vehicle. If you on roads with stones they'll likely get thrown as well. I put rear flaps on my compass to restrict a lot of the debrie going out the back and wearing away the painted plastic bumper paint and it keeps the rear window cleaner.

Its up to you of coarse and make sure you torque the two piece up properly on the hub.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i just want to get them away from my rear struts. there on my jeep right now, but iv only had them for a day.. will re torque at 100km since putting them on. not really worried about mud splashing at it etc.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Very good you should be ok on typical pavement. If you do have a problem with the suspension you might want to conside removing them before taking the Compass in for service. Enjoy your wide body ride.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yea, im hopping there alright

1 - 17 of 17 Posts