My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Was curious if anyone has found any aftermarket roof rack cross bar systems for the 2011 Jeep Compass? (ie Yakima or Thule) If so, what are the part numbers for the components? I am having a very hard time finding a system which has been approved for the 2011 and having an upcoming kayaking trip I need roof rails soon!

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I'm not sure if there are aftermarket options available just yet - have you spoken with your dealer yet? I presume there will be a MOPAR rack available very soon. The accessories are likely being previewed at MOAB over the Easter weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

Was curious if anyone has found any aftermarket roof rack cross bar systems for the 2011 Jeep Compass? (ie Yakima or Thule) If so, what are the part numbers for the components? I am having a very hard time finding a system which has been approved for the 2011 and having an upcoming kayaking trip I need roof rails soon!

Thanks for any help!
Anyone find any roof cross bars for the 2011 yet? My wife is moving from a Chrysler Town & Country Lsi minivan to the Jeep Compass Latitude and is used to carrying lots of Shiite when traveling.

All of the roof top carriers I see on the Net for the Compass just sit on the top of the roof. I don't much like this. Especially with a Sunroof.

Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a Mopar manufactured roof rack I just ordered from their site. It's around $250 but specifically made for the 2011 Compass. Just make sure you get the one for the 2011 and not 2010. I haven't received mine yet...just ordered it yesterday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
With much searching I have found several sites selling

"Jeep Compass Sport Utility Bars (2007-2010)" Part no. 82209622

as also fitting the 2011 model. I'll compare the installation instructions on the site with the actual vehicle tomorrow morning and see if it looks right. I found a set for $213 if they work. I'll also call the dealer and they will probably call all the other dealers in the state to find out.

Thanks
Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I received the roof rails described above and they were easy to install and look good on the vehicle...

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Good to hear swhitaker87 - do you happen to have any pictures of them installed for other members who may be interested in them??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here you go....tried to include some to show how it attaches....really simple, basically just screws on....

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry...better orientation on the 4th picture, didn't realize it was rotated

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Roof Racks eh, Platform!!!

This has been my solution and adapted for the Compass Hitch I have. I have used this platform for hauling rocks, Up to 5 suitcases full from Montreal, Gasoline, cargo carrier etc.

No wind drag and easy access are the main benefits.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will compare with the actual vehicles on the site tomorrow morning, the installation instructions to see if it looks right. I found a set $ 213, if they work. I will call the dealer, they may call the dealer to find all the other countries.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone. Do you know if the 2011 compass roof rails have the same specs as previous years? I'm looking to buy some cross bars - will the '07-'10 cross bars fit on my 2011? I searched for hours and couldn't find any answers. This site is awesome.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So are the crossbars year specific? I found a site selling them for the '07-'10 compass. Would these work on the 2011 or are the rails on the 2011 different?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts