My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't get the car to go faster than 25mph at times...other times it's fine. The dealership can't find anything wrong with the compass. Anybody else had this issue and can help me point them in the right direction?:dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
CVT problem and fails in limp mode due to a problem. Take it to another dealer its up to them to figure it out.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Another thing it could be it is it could be in service mode most new cars have that in them so people don't go crazy driving when they work on ur car

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I did not see that mode mentioned in my manual. There should be an indication that its in that mode somewhere on the console.

·
Registered
286 Posts
not really mine was in that mode when I got it from my dealer cause it came straight from the factory when I drove off the lot I had to turn around and go back cause of it its some fuse or something not 100% but that's what they told me ill look into it and see ifi can find out what they said

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
IS the yellow transmission light on at all while this is happening.

I could take it to the dealership, or buy the special tool and find out the level of the CVT fluid. You can't just check the dipstick like regular trannys, for this model of CVT it's fluid level changes based on the temperature.

Here is the tool.

Miller Special Tools 9336 Dipstick MS9336A

·
Registered
286 Posts
ok ive looked in to this further for u the compass dose not have a valet mode how ever its seems ur probly in LIMP MODE best thing to do from what I can tell is to go to place like AutoZone and have them hook a computer to ur jeep and see if any codes pop up they normally do this for free and go from there a dealer with most likely charge u ( the fuse is when it comes from the factory would check to make sure all are pushed in just in case)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts