My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do I need to do or get to make the HID lights work on my Lo beams they work fine on the fogs, but not on the Lo beam, they just flicker on and off.

·
Registered
339 Posts
my advice, throw them away. your headlight housing is not designed to properly emit neither a legal nor safe beam pattern from an HID bulb. the light winds up scattered, which is unsafe for both you and other drivers on the road.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Night driving used to be fairly easy on a good night. But now with such radical variations in on coming lights. Some very bright and high while other are lower but still an issue on two lane highways. Others are normal but seem high is some trucks. I used to manage fine by stairing away and on the right side of the road ahead to track by them. But that does not work when they're as bright as some are now. If something was ahead of me in my lane and did not have a bright light as well I'd be right into it before I would see or could react. Any wildlife would be road kill for sure not to mention my front end might suffer as well.

I'd have to agree that the big round eye of the Compass reflects a good controlled beam for the designed bulbs. If you need more light then turn on the Fog's or add driving lights you can turn off/on as required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts