My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pics - nothing really clear yet due to the "camo", but here you go:

2011 Compass Facelift

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Cool find shmup-o, thanks for posting that, looks like a nice refresh for the Compass! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
186 Posts
See, given time anyone can screw up a good thing!

The main reason I got my Comp was cause it had excellent safety plus such a formidable front end with the famous "Single Headlight" signature! Taking away the traditional Jeep appearance means just another rubber stamp cross over clone to me. The whole market niche of Jeep has always been "tradition". Bad call Jeep! I guess they're afraid of the competition and are dumping cult loyalty.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Shecky, remember, you must watch what king of light bulbs you use cause you don't want to upset or burn out your TIPM! The new Comp may have different voltage parameters.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
See, given time anyone can screw up a good thing!

The main reason I got my Comp was cause it had excellent safety plus such a formidable front end with the famous "Single Headlight" signature! Taking away the traditional Jeep appearance means just another rubber stamp cross over clone to me. The whole market niche of Jeep has always been "tradition". Bad call Jeep! I guess they're afraid of the competition and are dumping cult loyalty.
i agree with you plus very few of them make a real jeep. the compass is great performanace oriented cool looking jeep.

·
Banned
23 Posts
This version is the first front wheel drive vehicle manufactured by Jeep. The 2011 version of Jeep Compass is a combination of SUV design as well as crossover style. The vehicle is a five-seat crossover with 60/40 folding seats at the rear

·
Registered
656 Posts
I said it before . . .

I just read the blurp on MSN, they rushed a skin change for 2011 and the Patriot and Compass end of life is in 18 months. This was based on Dec 16, 2010 publication.

Article here if you're interested in the changes etc. www.thepassinglane.ca/2010/12/jeep-moves-2011-compass-upmarket.html
UGLY . . . that is what I said before . . .
New 2011 facelift is plain ugly, gone are the "Jeep" trade make round lights, just plain ugly.
Looks like the compass is trying to be a "baby-cherokee" or something . . . too bad.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not a fan of the new front end... They could have done better and to me the cherokee style grille loses its coolness on this model. Much prefer my 09. Looks a bit like the 2010 kia sportage, which is probably not a good thing considering Jeep is the original Jeep.

·
Registered
23 Posts
kind of like it

I think I like the more aggressive front end. Got me thinking, since it was a quick redo, I wonder how the new sheet metal would fit one a '08? Hmmm, might have to look into that if I can ever come across a new one that's gotten rear ended. Although that might take a while. Just a random thought.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Better off looking for a body kit for your 08 I reckon.. much cooler..or get a hard core billet grille mesh that is beastly. This new look is like the new GC, a little too smoothed out.. Much prefer the 2010/previous model of both cars... Not that the Sportage is a bad looking car, but to me the new Compass looks more like this than it looks like a Jeep. ok maybe thats stretching it but there are similarities

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts