My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited I have butterflies and trouble sleeping! lol
I ordered this Feb 28 and was told 7-8 weeks, but the dealership called and said it will be here April 9th!

2011 Jeep Compass North Edition 4x4
Bright White
Freedom Drive II
Everything But The Cigarette Lighter
Really wish you could get the Nav in this model

I have already downloaded and read the manual front to back!
I can't wait to drive this thing and have a stereo again! And a good one too!

The week is going too slowwwww!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm happy for you . I hope you get many care-free miles from your Jeep Compass. This will be my final post on the Jeep Forum. The tie rods now needed replacement on my '07 Compass so I decided to unload it while the mileage was still below 30,000. I traded it in for a '11 Toyota Camry Hybrid. I'm getting 35 mpg and the car is great. I wish everyone on the Forum to have many miles of safe amd trouble free miles of travel. It was fun rapping with you on the Forum.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Congrats! I'm sure the wait is agonizing, but not much longer now!

umpire410, sorry to see you go but ultimately you have to do what's best and good luck with the Camry.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! Yeah the wait is killing me! I called the dealer today to check if it was still a go for Saturday :) So far, so good!
Have fun with the Toyota Umpire, sorry to see you go!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ugh. jinxed myself. delayed until Monday at least...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and a week later.... still nothing.

apparently, all the vehicles ordered for BC were shipped via rail cars to washington state. and jeep could not/did not coordinate enough trucks to bring them the last stretch so there it sits.

Dealer will update me at 3pm today. There goes weekend road trip #2.

#JEEPFAIL

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi,

I'm waiting for my Compass that was ordered on March 26, 2011 and the wait is not fun at all....

With the good weather starting to come around was hoping for the new ride.....

"G"

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Whatever they tell you add a month. There's a lady on the forum who ordered a 2011 and it was well over a month later it showed up. It just a tactic they use, its coming its coming well so is fall and winter. She cancelled her order and had her hold on or something then it showed up. They got you by the ....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yep, you're probably right ! Still chugging away with my old Ford Escape, so it's not like I'm really stuck....

I'm a bit surprised that in my case the Compass required a factory order. The colour is very common, North Edition is almost a given in Canada, and the Security and Cargo has got to be common.....

So the trailer tow package a $200+ option, is the holdup. I figured the trailer tow package would be a dealer installed option......

"G"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why would any company want to disappoint their customers on purpose? i told the dealer ill mark june 1 on my calendar and if its here before then its a miracle. totally sucked the excitement out of this purchase. twice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Westcoastguy,

I think I am going to have to do the same thing as you, mark June 1 as the date. Every time my phone rings, I secretly wish it's the dealer telling me the car has arrived....

What's most important to me at least is whenever the car does arrive that it is one of the "good ones" built and not some rush job just to get it out of the door. After reading some of the issues others have had with earlier models, I would rather wait and have a "good one".

As I write this, it cold windy and rainy, so I don't mind so much today...

"G"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well according to the dealer mine has been built for weeks and in transit. and it has been sitting in kent, wa since the 8th :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's strange, I wonder what the hold up is for that ? 8 days, wow ! There must be some good explaination for that.... I mean, why would they not want to get the deal complete, money in their pocket instead of having a vehicle sit on the back of some truck ? Weird....

"G"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
some dispute with allied transport? not sure and im sure im not getting the whole story. just pissed that we have to keep rescheduling our plans. don't give a delivery date if you can't keep it. if my deposit wasn't non refundable i would have gone and puchased something else out of spite.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Patience

It's called "anticipation" . . . .
An important part of the experience that will be quickly forgotten once you finally get your ride.
You WILL LOVE IT, good luck this week, it is getting closer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol! Thanks i2canoe for the reminder. I would have felt a lot better if they had just stuck with the end of April delivery date. Telling me April 9 when there is a dispute going on was misleading and disappointing, but nonetheless I am still excited. :)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
For the long term owner you're probably better off with the tow package option. The cooler for the engine and built in harness is worth the price. The hitch and receiver are not part of it but that's installed by any reputable hitch installer and you're done.

Anything to make these last longer is work the few dollars. But you can still give the dealer manager a hard time why you're waiting so long for the build. They may throw in an extended warranty to keep you happy. Especially if you threaten to cancel if it does not show up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah that's the biggest reason i went with FDII. The cooler, the extra ride height, skid plates etc. it will probably go off road at some point but that wasnt my 'drive' behind paying the extra for FDII.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts